Her Thoughts: Why is it hard to say SORRY?

Monday, June 15, 2009 by Samantha Clarke


So I'm taking the subway to work today and some girl walks by and kicks my shoe right off my foot! I wasn't fully asleep, but I was pretty relaxed and listening to some tunes on my iPod. The subway car was almost completely empty which left plenty of room for her to walk around my crossed legs. I know what you're thinking, I should have moved my leg right? Maybe so, but I don't think I deserved to be kicked by a complete stranger.

I understand that accidents happen. I've been guilty of brushing people before, but I always make an effort to look back to apologize. It's harder to apologize in huge ridiculous crowds because there's just too many people! But the subway car had only a few people scattered about. After she kicked me she didn't even LOOK BACK. Instead she pretended like it didn't happen and just kept on walking down to her seat. Some people know that I'm not one for confrontation or drama, but I glared (through my sunglasses) at her for a good minute or two, after gathering my shoe of course. I mean, what was I supposed to do other than blog about it now? I just don't get what is so difficult about saying, "my bad!", "excuse me" or giving a slight hand gesture to apologize. Do you? It's not time consuming, it's just human decency that's lacking I think. Let me know, leave a comment below.


XO,
SJ

Source

Filed under having  
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work by theonlynumber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.