Her Thoughts: Happy Canada Day!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009 by Samantha Clarke



Today was the first time in 5 years that I've been home for Canada's July 1st birthday. Today I realized how much I missed the holiday at the Toronto Blue Jays game sitting in a sea of red and white clad Jays fans.

The Jays didn't disappoint either! They played an amazing game beating Tampa 5-0. I witnessed two home runs back to back, watched the dome close and sang the anthem with Melanie Fiona, and then caught a great fireworks show.

In my case, I was the most proud of being Canadian when I was living outside of Canada during undergrad. I hung a flag in my dorm room and made it known whenever a Canadian actor or singer was on TV. Is this usually the case? Do most of us feel patriotic outside of our country or when we leave for a while and experience life elsewhere and come back? If this has happened to you, I'd like to hear about it!

I've been all over, but I can honestly say there is no place like Toronto and I love it.













Want more? Go ahead and SUBSCRIBE to The Only Number!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work by theonlynumber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.