Her Health: Why I ride.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 by Samantha Clarke



It's been about a week and a half that I've been using my bike as transportation. In the past, I would only use it on occasion for some mild exercise and to keep up with my sister - the running extraordinaire.

Now, I use my bike on a daily basis to get any and everywhere. Class, library, and the grocery store are my main destinations as of late. The life of a grad student..

The benefits of riding are endless. Let me explain:

- Get additional exercise and burn extra calories!
- You don't feel too bad if you can't make it to the gym.
- Won't need coffee during classes or work because the ride perks you up!
- It totally relieves stress, like most physical activity does.
- Cycling makes for some killer legs!
- You can change routes and see new things on the way. Things you would zip by if you were driving.
- No parking costs! trees and bike racks are freee.99!
- Do a small part towards saving our environment!

Do you ride to work or school? If not, TRY IT!
And tell us how it goes in a comment below!

xoxo,
SJ

Want more? Go ahead and SUBSCRIBE to The Only Number!

Filed under having  
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

melissa said...

ah i love the color of your bike! and this is an awesome shot, by the way.

Samantha Clarke said...

Haha thanks! It gets a lot of attention. :-P

SJ

kuluth said...

Thanks so much for the comments on my photos.

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work by theonlynumber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.