Her Find: Ride the Megabus!

Monday, June 22, 2009 by Samantha Clarke


It is now officially summer and during this season there is nothing I want to do more than travel! It’s been a long and arduous winter, didn’t think I’d see the sun again, but thank God because Mr. Sunshine looks like he’s here to stay. I’m moving about myself and I wanted to share the phenomenon which is the Megabus.

Let me start by stating the obvious. I’m sure there are plenty of us that have at least one bus horror story – an unfortunate happening while traveling from one city to another by bus. Something along the lines of stranger starts a super random conversation and you being the nice person you are you politely smile and nod maybe remove an ear bud to listen. There are several characters I can recall with some twisted tale about how long they’ve been on the bus etc. Not to fear ladies and gents because the Megabus hold up to its name.

I don’t enjoy paying $200+ for the international fees charged when flying out of my homebase in T.O. to American cities. Therefore, I’m able to avoid the fees by flying out of Buffalo airport for more than half the price I would have paid flying from home.



The Megabus is like no other and when my ‘bus’ rolled up this evening, I was excited about my front seat on the double decker. Oh yes my friends, DOUBLE DECKER coach buses, just like in Londontown. There are electrical outlets in every row, free wifi, headphone plugins for am/fm radio and the best part, it’s ON TIME (and sometimes 15 minutes early). I have never been on a fully packed bus meaning plenty of room to be comfortable. So far, I haven’t found any faults with the company, so if you are looking for a cheaper way to travel and want to avoid the dreaded Greyhound check Megabus.com for schedules and fares.

Filed under having  
Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

good stuff!

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work by theonlynumber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.