Her Thoughts: We Will Remember

Sunday, September 20, 2009 by Samantha Clarke

This was the scene today on several overpasses in Toronto as Pte. Jonathan Couturier, 23, was brought home.

The 131st Canadian soldier to die in the Afghan war.


I get so angry every time I hear these stories. People's children, friends, brothers and sisters, parents, husbands and wives are dying and what for?

While driving underneath the bridges where all the people lined up, I felt incredibly angry mainly because the dead soldiers can't appreciate the love and support that people are showing them now. Then I thought about the families and all the people affected. How terrible must they feel at times like these? How do they continue after the flags have been returned to full mass?

Now, I'm just sad and speechless.

To the families:


For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.

Romans 14:8


xoxo,
SJ


Want more? Go ahead and SUBSCRIBE to The Only Number!

Filed under having  
Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi,

Thanks for leaving a comment in my post Fix for missing favicon. I have responded to your comment.

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work by theonlynumber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.